Our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Mass General Brigham, diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to every aspect of our organization. When our workforce is more equitable and inclusive, we can be more innovative, creative, and on the cutting edge of advancement. Leveraging diverse perspectives allows us to develop better overall solutions to the problems we face.
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Mass General Brigham works across the health system to advance our United Against Racism strategy. Our United Against Racism initiative empowers Mass General Brigham leaders and employees to address and proactively work to combat racism.
Our priorities are to:
- Increase the diversity of our board of directors of our health system and at our institutions/hospitals
- Improve hiring, promotion, and retention of diverse leaders in the organization
- Develop anti-racism educational courses and facilitate deep conversations about race and ethnicity
- Evaluate and ensure equity in employee compensation and benefits
- Create multilingual communications to meet the needs of our diverse workforce
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion continues to develop workforce equity by:
- Supporting 18 employee resource groups across the system to create an environment, where all employees can thrive
- Developing and implementing educational experiences that increase diversity, equity, and inclusion competencies and skills, while promoting an equitable health care system
- Working with our hospital leaders, responsible for creating and implementing system-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and goals, redefining policies, and identifying critical focus areas