Mass General Brigham President and CEO joins health system CEOs across the country to set new safety standard for healthcare workers
To catalyze a future in which all care team members feel protected and safe at work, 10 health system CEOs from across the United States including Dr. Anne Klibanski, President and CEO of Mass General Brigham joined forces to declare a renewed commitment to improving safety, well-being, and equity for all who work in healthcare.
The CEO Coalition’s Declaration of Principles expands the definition of safety to include safeguarding psychological and emotional well-being of team members, promoting health justice by declaring equity and anti-racism as core components of safety, and ensuring physical safety, which includes a zero-harm program to eliminate workplace violence, both physical and verbal.
In addition to Dr. Klibanski, the co-founders of the CEO Coalition and the co-authors of the Declaration are:
- Susan Ehrlich, MD, MPP, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
- Robert Garrett, FACHE, Hackensack Meridian Health
- Marc Harrison, MD, Intermountain Healthcare
- Rod Hochman, MD, Providence
- Laura Kaiser, FACHE, SSM Health
- Wright Lassiter, MHA, Henry Ford Health System
- Tomislav Mihaljevic, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Johnese Spisso, MPA, UCLA Hospital System
- Andrea Walsh, JD, HealthPartners
Learn more about the CEO Coalition and the Declaration of Principles.