About Patient Gateway
More convenience for you
Patient Gateway is a secure electronic portal offered by Mass General Brigham to help you better manage your own health or the health of a family member. Patient Gateway allows you to renew prescriptions, request referrals, schedule appointments, participate in a virtual visit, communicate with your care team, pay your bill, and access high-quality information on health and wellness.
Recent features that improve our patients' experience are:
- eCheck in: Patients of practices using eCheck-in can verify and update insurance information, fill out questionnaires, and pay co-pays online before their appointment.
- Virtual Visits: Patients of practices with virtual visit capability can consult with their providers through a video visit. Virtual visits can take place from home or another private location and allow patients get lab results, review symptoms, and ask their provider questions.
- Request a cost estimate: Patients can request a cost estimate for health care services at Mass General Brigham. You can generate a self-service estimate for select upcoming or potential services through Patient Gateway.
- Get updates about the COVID-19 vaccine: Stay up to date on information about the COVID-19 vaccine with regular email updates from Patient Gateway.
- Information about your hospital stay: If you are admitted to one of our hospitals as an inpatient, you can see important information about your hospital stay, such as your inpatient medication list, who is on your care team and their progress notes, and education materials.
More health information for your family
Patient Gateway is a medical resource with links to information for your medications, allergies, immunizations, and lab results. Parents, guardians, and adult children of elder parents may also take advantage of these features to help coordinate care for children, dependents, or elders.
More ways to manage your health
Through Patient Gateway, you can also schedule tests, see preventive care reminders, and review test results, visit notes, and after-visit summaries. Patient Gateway lets you become a more active partner in your health care.
More information from your doctor
Once you enroll, you can also receive pre-visit questionnaires, appointment reminders, and electronically check in for your visit. You also can choose how you’d like to be notified about new Patient Gateway messages, including email or text messages.
Enrollment and proxy access
How do I enroll in Patient Gateway?
Download instructions below on how to access Patient Gateway with an activation code or how to self enroll without one.
I am a caregiver (spouse, parent, etc.) of a patient. How can I get proxy access?
A Patient Gateway proxy account can be set up for patients. A Patient Gateway proxy is not the same thing as a health care proxy. A spouse, parent, adult child, or other designee may become a Patient Gateway proxy, if they have been authorized by the patient.
Patient Gateway participating members and affiliates
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
- Cooley Dickinson Health Care
- Community Physicians Organization
- Martha's Vineyard Hospital
- Mass Eye and Ear
- Mass General Brigham Home Care
- McLean Hospital
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Salem Hospital
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital