About Patient Gateway
More convenience for you
Developed by Mass General Brigham, Patient Gateway lets you manage your own health, so you can renew prescriptions, request referral authorizations for specialist appointments, and access quality health and wellness information - at your convenience.
Recent features that improve our patients' experience are:
- eCheck in: Patients of practices using eCheck-in can verify and update insurance information, fill out questionnaires, and pay co-pays online before their appointment.
- Virtual Visits: Patients of practices with virtual visit capability can consult with their providers through a video visit. Virtual visits can take place from home or another private location and allow patients get lab results, review symptoms, and ask their provider questions.
- Get updates about the COVID-19 vaccine: Stay up to date on information about the COVID-19 vaccine with regular email updates from Patient Gateway.
- Information about your hospital stay (app only): If you are admitted to one of our hospitals as an inpatient, you can see important information about your hospital stay, such as your inpatient medication list, who is on your care team and their progress notes, and education materials. Please note: Patients must download the Patient Gateway app to take advantage of these features.
More health information for your family
Patient Gateway is a medical resource with links to information for your medications, allergies, immunizations, and lab results. Parents, guardians, and adult children of elder parents may also take advantage of these features to help coordinate care for children, dependents, or elders.
More ways to manage your health
Patient Gateway provides an easy way to ask your care team basic, non-urgent questions, using secure electronic messaging, and to receive an answer without repeated calls. Having a convenient summary of your health information, such as when you are due for preventive tests like a mammogram or prostate exam, helps you be a more active partner in maintaining and improving your health.
More information from your doctor
Once you enroll, your doctors' offices will send information to you through Patient Gateway (instead of calling you, unless that is necessary), such as test results, prescription renewal requests, appointment reminders/ changes, and even health questionnaires. You will receive an email whenever your doctor's office updates information in Patient Gateway.
Enrollment and proxy access
How do I enroll in Patient Gateway?
Download instructions below on how to access Patient Gateway with an activation code or how to self enroll without one.
I am a caregiver (spouse, parent, etc.) of a patient. How can I get proxy access?
A Patient Gateway proxy account can be set up for patients. A Patient Gateway proxy is not the same thing as a health care proxy. A spouse, parent, adult child, or other designee may become a Patient Gateway proxy, if they have been authorized by the patient.
Patient Gateway participating members and affiliates
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
- Cooley Dickinson Health Care
- Martha's Vineyard Hospital
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear
- McLean Hospital
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- North Shore Medical Center
- Community Physicians Organization
- HealthCare at Home
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital